Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thoughts for Produsage Assignment #2

We've come to the end of week one and I have an idea for my second Produsage assignment. My school's LMS has a revamped layout and as a result there has been a fair amount of confusion on the part of instructors regarding navigating through this new layout. The LMS's tutorial is now partly obsolete because the navigation panel buttons have been renamed and the buttons' sublinks have been reordered and in some cases removed altogether. The new LMS layout went online in mid May of this year, just seven weeks ago, and I and my associates in classroom support services are still updating the canned responses we use to fill out the body of our email replies to instructors requests for assistance.

My plan is to create a wiki FAQ page with updated responses and include links to the approximately twenty-five Camtasia presentations I produced for our institution's new faculty training course. A wiki would be a web 2.0 app and could be used as a performance support tool; the Camtasia presentations which could be uploaded to Youtube are presently uploaded on our institution's content management server. I'm hoping to learn from the first Produsage assignment to make the second assignment even better. Good luck to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment