Electronic Journal Prompt, Week 1 What have been your prior experiences with Web 2.0 technologies? Do you consider yourself a leader or follower in this realm, or something else altogether? Why? Also, discuss what you hope to get out of this class.
My prior experiences with Web 2.0 social media technologies would be isolated to reading Huffington Post, PBase, the photo sharing site, and perhaps participating in webinars (if that counts as a web 2.0 technology). I have used and recommended to others open source applications such as Open-Office or Abiword word processing applications.
I considered myself a dabbler in this realm. I have viewed software apps and services as provisional at best; they serve for a time being until something better comes along, and that's precisely why I never cared to learn about it. Based on my past experience with networking operating systems such as Novell or MS NT as examples, I saw no reason to jump on the next latest greatest's bandwagon if after eighteen months it were to be discarded or upgraded for a completely revamped model.
With this class, however, I welcome and look forward to broadening my horizons! Reading Shirky has served to make me willing to be open to other views on social networking and web apps in general. I am excited about the Produsage assignments and have one in mind for the second assignment; I want to build a wiki for the faculty I serve on my job. I am not quite sure about how to proceed on the first produsage assignment. I am thinking about linking sites I am familiar with on the subject of a hobby of mine, but have nothing solid in mind.
The Top 10 Ways Blogs And WordPress Are Used In Schools
-
[image: The Top 10 Ways Blogs and WordPress are used in schools Edublogs
The Edublogger]Wondering how blogs and other WordPress sites are used in
schools? ...
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment